LEARN, GROW, EXPRESS YOURSELF, TRAIN FOR A CAREER!
The Media Center for Art, Education, and Technology provides instructional services for the Monterey County Office of Education and its affiliated programs including Career Technical Education/ROP, Workforce Training, and mobile “TechMobile” Classes and Workshops.
Our brand new MCAET Classroom features the following:
– TV/Media Production Learning Lab
– Computer Editing Stations running Final Cut Pro
– Screening Area
– Public Computing Center
– Black Box Theater, Seating 126
Our introductory ROP Media Production classes are now held in the MCAET Classrooms and Alvarez High School starting with the 2014-15 school year, and plans for offering an advanced ROP course is in the works. Through these classes, students from Salinas area high schools gain valuable hands-on production experience, preparing them for entry into the exciting world of media careers. Some of our best student projects are showcased on MCAET Cable Channel 26, Vimeo, and on YouTube.
Extending beyond the MCAET Classroom, instructional services are also provided via two brand new vehicles:
– Remote Television Broadcasting Truck for multi-camera coverage of sports, musical and theatrical presentations, and other live events
– State-of-the-Art Mobile Computer Classroom for bringing internet and computer literacy education to the under-served rural areas of Monterey County
These educational facilities are only the beginning. The Media Center for Art, Education, and Technology is expanding and renovating its television studio to incorporate the latest in high-definition, all-digital media technology to further enhance our instructional capabilities.